Quantum Output Card Fault

matwon

Hello, we've got a client with multiple IO drops connected to Quantum PLCs. I noticed that some Digital output modules have the F (fault led) on. No error in PLC diag buffer and everything works fine. Schneider documentation says that "An error (external to the module) has been detected... The only thing that comes to mind is that some cards have missing group 24vdc supplies (because the outputs are not used).

Anybody got any more information?

Thanks!

Each group is protected by a card mounted fuse. From the Modicon Quantum Automation Series Hardware Reference Guide; "F (red) Group power missing or point faulted"

I think the card looks for power after the fuse, so either power is not supplied or the fuse for that group is blown.

Depends on the type of card in question.... Most I know do not have a fuse onboard.....
Most i have seen are pre-fab plug in cables that goes down to interface modules. If those interface modules supplies are off (again depends on the interface modules used) then the card will show an error. So if its a 32 dig out card going to 2 abe7 interface modules....if one abe supply is off then the output card will show a error.
In unity pro or ecostruxure control expert (urrgh) there is an option in the software when you go onto the card to deselect supply monitoring, usually 16 channels at a time (one plug) so if you do not use all the channels it wont show errors. Very long winded explanation

Last edited: