Quantum RS232 to Multilin via DIO

Alright, here's the issue. We have a local rack connected via DIO to a second rack not far away. In that DIO rack we have a NOM card that is connected*to a Modbus Bridge/Mux.*

Local Rack(NOM Card)---->DIO Rack (CRA Card)----->DIO Rack (NOM Card)-----> Modicon Modbus Bridge/Mux (NW-BM85C002)------> Out port #3 Modbus RTU 232 to a 485 converter and then to the 485 Port on the Multilin 369.*

Is this even a supported configuration? We have it all installed and wired and can't seem to get any communication.*

If it is supported, what am I missing!? Routing tables in the Mux? PLC is a master and the Multilin is a single non networked slave.*

Thanks all.*

I would start with the most basic and get a computer talking to the multilin through the 232-485 converter. then you will know you have baud 8N1 etc correct.

Inevitably RS485 doesn't work the first time so I also to swap the wires on RS485 connections every time I change another parameter.

I managed to get it working! After quite a bit of research I had to do the following:

- Hyperterminal to the Mux to set the port settings of the port I wanted to use.*

- Set up MSTR instruction to essentially look out the slot of the NOM card (local rack) and point to the Modbus plus address of 31 (the mux) and specify which port of the mux.*

The rest fell into place.*