question about 1756-L72S replacing

mike3475

Good afternoon, Guys:
we use 1756-L71S and L7SP together, we want to replace 1756-L71S with new L72S, at first we need to assign IP address to L72S, then just simply download the back up program? have to change safety ID with password?
Thanks!

so the backup program has everything including IP address.
we just need to download the backup program to L72S? how about safety ID with password?
Thanks!

It's been a while since I used safety, but I recall that you will need to unlock controller and delete safety signature before changing it to L72S.
Then you can download, generate new signature and lock it.
I am not sure if you need to reset the I/O ownership, I think not - it been a long time since I had these.
As for IP addresses, EN2T module keeps own address that is already assigned to it, it saved to the module.

we have one 1756-EN2T on the same backplane, i got message from our distributor about this question,it said: the safety id will need to be delete before you can change the controller to a 1756-L72S, then a new safety ID will be created for the new controller.
i don't know how to delete a safety ID, now i know that i need to go to safety tab in the controller properties, then unlock the safety. then i can change to L72S.

Thanks everyone!