Question About Vision System Lighting

Our local Cognex distributor usually helps with lighting. They offer to come look at the application and then test with parts back at their facility. This back and forth helps to make sure the camera works. Less headaches for me as the end user.

Lighting and wavelengths and proper setup of a vision system is a pretty big topic. Whoever your vendor is, should be able to assist with this if they are any good at what they do.

I'm sure you can do some reading on the topic as well if you google enough as well.

In a previous job where I was doing a lot of vision stuff, I mostly utilized CCS Lighting and they have a ton of options.

Similar Topics

Quick questions guys, How do you install an "Add-on Profile" module from a vendor like Cognex when trying to integrate one of their vision Checker...
Replies
Views
Good morning, I've had an inverter fail with firmware revision 5.002, the only spare is Rev 7.001, when updating the project with the new...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm doing some offline programming changes and have run into a problem. There is an instruction that looks like this [/ D303 K12...
Replies
Views
Hello again..trying something on an existing poorly written program and just wanted to double check something system is an A-B MicroLogix 1200 In...
Replies
Views
Good morning! Let me start by saying, I am still learning about this type of HMI programming. I recently watched a video about recipes and how it...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom