Question..Phil

rsdoran

Lifetime Supporting Member
If I have previously uploaded a picture and want to display it again in another thread what is the "path"? Example, in a recent thread I needed to display (upload) a picture (1v.jpg), it has already been uploaded so would not let me upload again.

I know I'm not Phil (at least I think I'm not) but can you go to that previous thread, copy the URL reference he provided, and paste it into your new post?

Ron,

I still use Phil's original upload facility (from 5 or 6 years ago). That facility returns an address on Phil's machine where the graphic is stored. The address ends with a string of random numbers and characters.

The old facility required you to copy and paste that address between [IMG]insert-address[/IMG].

As you may recall, I have an on-going, always open, Word File named PLCnet. I always (sometimes) copy those addesses to that file (within the context) before posting in a thread.

My current PLCnet File is about 1000 pages long at this point... just about time to retire this one and move on to the next iteration.

I'm quite sure you know this Ron, but just in case...

Your picture's file name goes after the directory that Phil listed. IOW, your picture is here:

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/uploads/1v.jpg

So if you surround it with [IMG] and [/IMG] tags, you get:

1v.jpg

🍻

-Eric