Questions about Mitsubishi F2

TConnolly

Lifetime Supporting Member
I've got a piece of equipment in plant that has an old (ca 1990) Mitsubishi F2-40MR-U PLC on it. This has been a good reliable workhorse, but now I need to modify the program in it.

What is the timer resolution of timers in the range of T450-T457 and timers in the T550-T555 range? It appears that these are all one second timers but I wanted to make sure. Are any of these retentive?

I searched the Mitsubish Electric site and I could not find a manual for the F2 series - maybe I just missed it. Also I looked at the software offerings and did not see on that supported the F2 PLCs. What software is used for the old F2 units?

It is most likely that I will end up swapping out the F2 for a ML1200 as the ML1200 is probably cheaper than the Mitsubishi software. I have a printout of the PLC program, a hand translation wont take more than a couple of hours and a tech can swap the PLC in a couple of hours.

Alaric,

On the F2 timers 450 to 457 and 550 to 557 all have a resolution of 0.1 seconds. I could find no info as to whether any are retentive or not.

If you havn't already got software and an F2 20-GF1 interface, OR a programming panel, I'm afraid you are out of luck on changing the program, as they are all obsolete by many years.

Regards,
Nigel

Thanks Nigel.

I decided to swap it out for a ML1200. Loal distributor had one in stock. I set up RSLogic symbol names to match the Mitsubishi I/O and internal coils (eg X400 = I:0/0, M100 = B3/0) in excel, imported it into RSL500 and then entered the program exactly as it was on the Mitsubishi ladder report using the symbolic names. It took just shy of two hours, (small 26 rung prog.) now all we need is a break in production to make the swap.