questions for omron PLC communication problems

joeltee

dear all PLC experts

i am still new in PLC programing, i just bought a Omron PLC and software of Cx-programmer 9.3 ver. after i install my program den plug in my Omron CP1E PLC for programming , but when i trying to click "work online" it mention that "port doesn exits, choose the correct port number from change PLC dialog and press ok " den i open the change PLC dialog which contained Device name , Device type and Network type .. i had open the setting for Network type but i had nothing can change at all. can anyone teach me wat i can do about this to make my PLC able to work online with the program?

CX-One should have installed the driver but if it did not you can point the driver update in Device Manager at C:\Program Files (x86)\OMRON\Drivers\USB\PLC_NS where driver is stored.

Thanks for your reply~ anyway i do tried to update driver in the device manager, it mentioned the drive cant be found in my computer,thats bothering me :-:)bawling: or should i try to reinstall the whole software?

Hi Joeltee, first you need to make sure the correct driver is installed as Bob said.
I also recommend opening "Device Manager" in windows and seeing the entry under "Ports" when you plug your cable in. You will also be able to see which port number windows has assigned your cable. Use this number in the CX-programmer communications settings.

No need to do that - CX-P will automatically recognize the PLC. If you go to Device Manager I bet you have a USB device there with no driver when the PLC is plugged in.
Have you tried auto connect at all? If you cannot connect the driver is not installed.
It will not show up in Device Manager if the PLC is not connected.
If it was not where I pointed you try here C:\Program Files (x86)\OMRON\Communications Middleware\USB\Controller\7
I have never had a problem with the USB driver - it just installs when CX-One installs.

By the way, my prefered PLC is Omron - quick and easy to program. I work for myself and have automated power stations, emergency power, data centres with up to 22 networked PLC's - you name it. Recently did all the control systems for Wet n Wild Sydney as well including all plant rooms and the wave simulation machine. I have never seen this problem before.

hi bob~ thanks for your help, i follow your instruction that visit Program Files (x86) / OMRON / Communications Middleware... but what i saw is just assembly , log, DirectEthenetUtility.exe ,NetworkBrowser.exe and Version.exe no USB /controller / 7 =( how come? izit bcuz of the option i made during the cx-P installation process?

There is no exe file - you will have to go to update driver in Device Manager and point it there - or do a complete re-install. I think you need an uninstaller program for CX-One to do that but not sure. Perhaps someone else would know.