quick and easy question about wiring transmitter

Jeff23spl

Ok it may seem an easy one but i just want to confirm (Get an approval from peoples that already did similar) because i won't be able to test it myself but it will need to work...

I need to wire a Yokogawa EJA530E pressure transmitter back to my plc using 4-20mA signal. There is 3 terminals on the tranmitter and i'm not sure if it is a ''4 wires device'' with common negative or a 2 wires with an optional output...?

Data say :
-(Supply) #1 and #2 used for power supply and output terminal
-(Check) #3 and #2 external indicator (AMmeter) terminal with internal resistance of 10ohms or less

1-At first, it could look as a 4wires and my plc become the ''Ammeter'' but the problem is the plc input internal resistance being well above 10ohms (probably 500)
2-Should i just connect #1 and #2 like any standard 2 wires transmitters and my plc input get in the middle of the signal while the ''ammeter'' connection remain free to connect a programmer?

Spec P10
https://www.yokogawa.com/fld/pdf/eja-e/GS01C31F01-01EN.pdf
Or that one P25-27
http://cdn2.us.yokogawa.com/IM01C21F01-01E.pdf

I think it is more the second method but if someone can confirm i may sleep better for the following nights :)

This is a two wire device, it gets its Power off the 4-20 mA Loop. It does mention that in Section 6.4 of the Manual in the second link. Read through the Manual carefully, and all the information should be there.

So, 24VDC to Terminal 1 (+) and Terminal 2 (-) back to your Analog Input. Depending on your Analog Input Specifications, you may or may not have to strap the Analog Input Card to Common.

Stu....

Although Yokogawa sells a low power 1-5Vdc unit, 99.7% of their production is 2 wire loop powered, 4-20mA output. Yours is likely a 4-20mA model.

Their wiring diagram leaves off identification of the resistor symbol as the analog input of the PLC.

2z85if5.jpg

So I added it. The polarity of the connections is important.

A DC power supply is needed. 24Vdc is typical and conventional. It doesn't have to be very big supply, because the loop never draws more than 22mA.

Do not wire to the 'check' terminal. That can burn things up.

Although Yokogawa sells a low power 1-5Vdc unit, 99.7% of their production is 2 wire loop powered, 4-20mA output. Yours is likely a 4-20mA model.

Their wiring diagram leaves off identification of the resistor symbol as the analog input of the PLC.

2z85if5.jpg

So I added it. The polarity of the connections is important.

A DC power supply is needed. 24Vdc is typical and conventional. It doesn't have to be very big supply, because the loop never draws more than 22mA.

Do not wire to the 'check' terminal. That can burn things up.

Side note for check terminal.

Inside transmitter is diode connected at series of loop, when you connect mA-meter to (-) and check-terminals, this diode is bypassed by mA-meter and you can see mA-reading on both PLC and own your check equipment sametime without need of removing any wires.
On wiring you only connect supply and (-) terminals and leave check terminal empty.

http://iamechatronics.com/notes/general-engineering/267-troubleshooting-current-loops

ok thanks all!
i though it was that but the ''check'' screw with the amp meter device confused me.
So they use a ''resistor icon for the current signal reading and a ''Meter'' icon for the optional thing!!!I bet i'm not the first that get worried about this...

No problem with polarity and ps, i'm used to it...