Quick Omron MC221 software confirmation

Saint AAI

Can someone please confirm if I'm right in thinking that the software needed to connect and program an Omron MC221 motion controller is CX-Motion and that Motion Perfect 2 is not compatible with that model?

Thanks in advance, Shane.

I just started a new project in CX-Motion 2.34, inserted a C200H PLC and then went to insert a cad - the first card in the dropdown was a C200H-MC221 so I guess it is compatible.

Thanks, the problem I have is that we do not have CX-Motion and my boss wants me to program an MC221. I thought we only had Perfect Motion 2 on our laptops which I couldn't get to connect and I'm pretty sure its not compatible with an MC221. Found an old laptop with a DOS program called MCSS on it which lets you select the C200H_MC221 module so I should be OK now. We need to get a load of new software so I'll add CX-Motion to the list.

Regards, Shane.