QuickPanel+ / GE Questions

scontrols18

Hello all!

I have a project coming up where I am considering using a QuickPanel+. I came to this conclusion due to the fact that our whole plant has GE products in all our machines. Looking at the Datasheet provided for this product, it can be programmed as an HMI as well as a PLC and datalogger.

I am specifically looking at the 10" unit because it has RS485 connector and I am looking to setup the QuickPanel+ as a Modbus Master to control an Emerson servo drive parameters (which also has RS485 ports).

I also like the idea of being able to connect to the RSTi distributed I/O via TCP/IP ethernet.

I am currently using Proficy ME Standard Development Suite.

1.) Using ME Standard, is it possible to programming the QuickPanel + as an HMI and a PLC using ladder logic?

2.) Does anyone have any experience using the QuickPanel as a Modbus Master for a drive that can be used in RTU mode?

3.) Using ME Standard, is it possible to create a project using the QuickPanel + 10" and configure remote RSTi I/O? Do I need to go to Professional?

Thanks for reading!
Steve

Hello all!

I have a project coming up where I am considering using a QuickPanel+. I came to this conclusion due to the fact that our whole plant has GE products in all our machines. Looking at the Datasheet provided for this product, it can be programmed as an HMI as well as a PLC and datalogger.

I am specifically looking at the 10" unit because it has RS485 connector and I am looking to setup the QuickPanel+ as a Modbus Master to control an Emerson servo drive parameters (which also has RS485 ports).

I also like the idea of being able to connect to the RSTi distributed I/O via TCP/IP ethernet.

I am currently using Proficy ME Standard Development Suite.

1.) Using ME Standard, is it possible to programming the QuickPanel + as an HMI and a PLC using ladder logic?

2.) Does anyone have any experience using the QuickPanel as a Modbus Master for a drive that can be used in RTU mode?

3.) Using ME Standard, is it possible to create a project using the QuickPanel + 10" and configure remote RSTi I/O? Do I need to go to Professional?

Thanks for reading!
Steve
1. Yes, if you have the correct Version.

2. Some experience been a while though, but it is very generic and lots of RTU people here.

3. Yes, again if you have PME 8.5 SIM ? (I always recommend the latest)

Last edited: