Rx3i/quickpanel+ VB Script

How does O_prog_1, which is a single value in the HMI(?), comprise (get created from) %R02435 and %R02436, which are two values from the PLC?

Could you instead get the two 16-bit signed integer values for %R02435 adn %R02436 from the PLC into two integers in the HMI? Then it should be trivial to combine them into a single 32-bit signed integer using VBScript in the HMI.

The answer to your first question is: correct.

to your second question: I will try the second question tomorrow. I do think it is possible. that's exactly what emerson's support said.

Maybe this will help.
The HMI screenshot shows two different variables, even though they are both looking at the same address in the PLC. The top one displays the variable "HMI_DINT" which looks directly at PLC address %R10.
The bottom one displays the variable PLC.PLC_DINT, whick looks at the PLC variable "PLC_DINT", which is a DINT addressed to %R10 and %R11.

PLC_DINT has a value of 123456.

The PLC and HMI must be targets in the same PME project for this technique to work.

can I use that for the vbscript? I'll try that tomorrow and immediately put it in the script to see if the correct value is logged.