Rank beginner wiring question

Its not a change of heart...I have long understood this. I have also accepted NEC and NFPA standards as my guidelines because they are the most common and most referenced in the US.

To be accepted and used doesnt mean the government has to mandate it.

I do not always state things properly...93 you made me realize I wasnt stating my position on this properly.

Jim NFPA 79 is a standard, is it legal code...NO Is it governed by a National authority NO

NEC is electrical code...is it the accepted authority by all states and US territorities ,,,YES. Is it governed by the US government...NO

NOW can we get on the same page and decide on a standard to use? OR does a US/State/county have to tell us what to DO?

RANT I can not believe that educated people can not accept a viable standard by an institute that has set the precedence for electrical standards whether mandated or not...END RANT

To the facts, I aint the sharpest knife in this drawer. I need things to be conformed if possible.

AGAIN is there a possibility of uniting and developing a standard...thru the NFPA or thru any medium thats accepted?

Ron, I agree with you. In my first post I said my preference was to have everyone use NFPA79 when performing control panel design.