Ranting and raving

PLC Kid i like the idea of this, what do you do when a new version of the software comes along redo all the sticky notes?

I must say i would find this calm behavior odd during commisioning. Have seen many programmers swear at a Laptop in the past, seems the norm...

I was swearing today! Lets just say now the OEM programmer has returned to his homeland, I have the job of editing the software to make it work like it should. (It's not a new system).

My boss, who normally thinks it's easy, was giving me a wide berth!

I find the best solution to emphasise that PLC programming isn't easy, is by my habit, of when a PLC starts mis-behaving or acting illogically to go round the site, and borrow the largest hammer I can get, and just lean or place it next the PLC.
Just to remind it of my hardware access advantage. :mad:🔨🔨

It is amazing how fast those troublesome PLCs start behaving.

It also means that people give me a few strange looks, and wide berth. I'm not sure why?? :confused::unsure::confused:

I will have to keep this in mind.... hate it when the PLC's start acting up...

Very interesting and some great comments.
"Printed program listings belongs to the history books." Yes, but have you ever worked in Pharma?

"To find a sneaky bug, there is no other way than using the programming tool, the xrefs, online view etc" But what if the problem is in the Requirements (say FRS)

"If we printed our programs incl. all the xrefs, it would literally be thousands of pages. Make a few changes, you have to print everything out again." you should be able to Print Diffs

"The company I work for keeps a copy of all programs (hundreds) on the intranet network that can only be read or copied but only a few can write to it. If we make changes, we put the changed program with notes on a "transfer folder" and an elect. engineer will replace the old file on the network with the revised version. This way anyone can see and read the programs. Mike D." Sounds good, but do you do the same with the FRS/FDS/SDS?

Shameless plug, ControlDraw does what you want for the documentation. And generates lots of useful things for the programming.