Reaction Time

motioncontrol

I want to make a gun range control system. One idea is to time the reaction time from the target turn to the first gunshot.
What kind of input device could be used to detect the gunshot?
But only the gunshot and not background noise, e.g.talking, radio.

Don't laugh.... OK, go ahead and laugh.

How about "The Clapper (TM)" ?

Those cheap devices are made to detect a loud noise from a cheap microphone. Obviously you don't need to wait for two evenly spaced shots, but you should be able to poke around the circuitry to figure out which lines from the op-amp feed the timer and flip-flop.

Google found a handful of project websites that describe the amplifier circuit.

Similar Topics

I finally found the time to play with a Banner DXM700 and a few DX80N2Q45R thru-beam photoswitches. Frankly, I expected it to go much smoother...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, I have a scenario where when control power is lost to my PLC, PID's that were running retain their previous output, but PID's that...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone. I have cqm1h cpu, 1 cq1h id213, 2 cq1h 0d213 and ad041. The cpu and modules are located in a control panel located near the waste...
Replies
Views
Hello forum. I'm running into a problem with my PLC-controlled system. I'm using AD DL-06 as the main PLC with another DL-06 as the remote PLC...
Replies
Views
Hi, not to familiar with tuning loops but was wondering if I could get some advise, recommended liturature or a link to a another similiar...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom