Slow reaction time - Banner DXM700-B1R3

rguimond

Lifetime Supporting Member
I finally found the time to play with a Banner DXM700 and a few DX80N2Q45R thru-beam photoswitches. Frankly, I expected it to go much smoother than it has been...

I plan to use these wireless switches to replaced wired on a turntable to avoid flexing and eventual failure of cables

Binding the swithes to the DSM was easy enough, but the reaction time between a status change at the switch and the DSM is agonizingly slow. I can view the internal resisters on the LCD display as I break the thru-beam. It takes between eight and 15 seconds for the DXM to detect that change, and it is no better if I select "Cyclical" or "On change of local register data" as the frequency of RTU writing

So far, I have tried the following:
  • Reset the DXM for factory defaults
  • Reflashed with latest firmware
  • Used a different sensor as Node 1
  • Changed the batteries in the sensors
    Eliminated three of the four switches
  • Connected the DXM to a different power supply
  • Moved my test rig to a location where there are no 2.4GHz signals

I have a call in to my local Banner rep, but I'm hoping someone here has a solution.

Thanks