Read a PLC value on the HMI

khewes

Goodmorning Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone knew how to read an integer value from the plc on the hmi. Im using RS micrologix and Advanced HMI. Im trying out all of the components right now so maybe I'll find one before a reply, but a quick response would be greatly appreciated! Have a good day all!

What Mircologix and how are you communicating to it? There are one of two drivers that you would use depending on how you are talking to it. The DF1 or EthernetIPforSLCMicro drivers. Give me a little more info about your system and I'll help you get it running.

edit: I typed too slow

Last edited:
im using the df1 com. I actually figured it out. in the last phases of programming just gotta clean everything up, and make easy to understand comments. Im using the digital panel to read preset time values that can be changed via the hmi. the digital panel is pretty nifty!

If i get this done by ext week there will be time to integrate temperature sensors!!!
not quite sure why i cant do that now, but as an intern if someone tells me to wait to do something i cant exactly argue. and besides, im getting paid to do this which is ridiculous. i love it!

If you put your timer preset tag in the "PLCAddressKeypad", you will be able to change the value by clicking on the DigitalPanelMeter. I keypad will pop up.