Read PLC data from OPC server

kinsingLIM

Morning all,

I am new to this forum, please direct me if i get something wrong.

I am using ControLogix with Sequence of Event (SOE) module to timestamping all my digital input. I got few questions below, please help if any one know the answer:-

Q1:-
SOE module only providing timestamping with CST time without a GPS module. due to the location of the PLC, we cannot use the GPS module. Any way to convert the timestamped data CST time to UCT time or real-time?

Q2:-
Any way to retrieve these data from ControLogix PLC onto PC (i.e. OPC server). I knew OPC server can do it, but is need database on the server and timestamp it once it trigger by PLC.

Q3:-
Does Rockwell has any OPC equivalent software package to retrieve the timestamped data out of ControLogix?

Thanks for read/answer my question.

Rockwell has a branded version of OSI PI as well as FactoryTalk Transaction Manager.

As mentioned, Matrikon will talk to AB controllers and so will Kepware.
Ignition's OPC-UA module will also talk to the AB controller. Combined w/ the SQL bridge module it can save directly to a database.

Solution from Rockwell Automation

Gents,

Thanks for reply. I spoke to Rockwell technical support, they suggest me to use a function block ADD_64(free on RSLogix V16 and above) to convert the CST to UCT, which is great.

They also suggest to store these timestamp from SOE (with conversion of ADD_64 block) into an array, which will allow OPC server to read it. Is any one know how to do it?

Regards,
Kin Sing LIM

Hi kingsingLIM,

Did you ever figure out how to timestamp from SOE back to the OPC server? I have a client requirement to do the same.

Regards,

J