Read RFID tag into View SE w/ VBA

PUenginerd

Hi,

I am trying to read data from an RFID scanner through the RS232 port of a PC into View SE. The data will eventually be written into a SLC 5/05, but to get it into View I am using a Microsoft Telnet control object. The problem is I am inconsistently sending the data to the processor. If I use the windows telnet session I can read the data fine. However, when I use the control within VBA, it seems to break up the data into 2 character chunks so I need to use a sData = sData & msTelnet.Input type of a loop to reconnect the pieces.

I created a TagGroup and put my PLC tag on scan so once I have my 10 character RFID I set the mytaggroup.item("PLCtag").Value = sData

I am not sure if my problem is in collecting the data through telnet or how I am writing to my PLC tag. Any thoughts or ideas are very much appreciated.

Thanks!