Reading Position Sensor data on Micrologic 1400 series B using MSG implicit messaging

Hello Ken,

Today i observed that i made mistake in rotarty switch of S4, As i am using only one read head so rotaty switch S4 should be on postion 1 not on position zero , yes read head address should be zero is if using only one read head and EIG address should be 1.

Finally we changed the EIG S4 switch to 1 and test the same logic which you advice and i made and shared with you. And result is LED status of STATE is still blinking RED & Green. But now all the three MSG instruction for read and write now giving error message. Please find attached the image 10, 11 & 12 as attached.(Please see carefully error message on the MSG instruction on the attached images). Let us know what is the mean of these errors.

All other DIP switch wiring are correct like Read head Address is set to Zero baud rate is 62.5k terminating resistance on both read head as well as EIG module is ON. And RS485 wiring is as per manual. Now there is only one doubt EIG module baud rate setting for RS-485 is not giving in manual we assumed that it is fixed and 62.5 KBaud.

AKG

10.PNG 11.PNG 12.PNG

Only one read head connected with EIG and as i said , i have changed EIG S4 rotary switch to number One position in place of zero. And also changed N7: for read and write. Yes i am switching ON one bit at a time.

Yes now read head address is ZERO and EIG is address is ONE. We need only position value. N7 register changed for read and write.

Not understood " you wouldn't use MSG control blocks scattered around the controller " kindly explore this.

Now error is coming in all three message block.

I have checked all other DIP switch and wiring is correct only doubt is EIG baud rate i think that is fixed on 62.5 KBaud. And terminating resistance is ON at read head and EIG end also.

Yes in power on condition i have disconnected RS-485 cable from EIG end. Moment i disconnected the cable it is not showing error but when i again connect the RS 485 cable to the EIG module it start showing (three LED start blinking green colour and STATE LED turn to RED) and showing parity error for 1 min. This is OK as per manual and I think this shows EIG is functional.

AKG