Reading Time Information from ROC800

karkai6

Hi..

I am trying to read the Time information from a ROC800.

Essentially, I have a Modbus communication setup between a Scadapack 330 and the ROC800, and the Scadapack is trying to read the time from the ROC.

The Time from the ROC, from what I can see is contained in a "Time" type Registers which is 2 registers long, which I have mapped to 2 Unsigned Registers on the Scadapack end. But I don't understand how to make sense from the numbers that come up.

Does anyone have an idea how I can know the time from the numbers that the ROC throws out in its 'Time' tag? Any conversion I have got to do and all?

One small step is that I ve figured out the data is transmitted in a 32 bit binary format..

Still cant get the exact date-time etc. from the Binary data.. Plugging away!!

Finally cracked it... The time was in the Epoch Time format which shows the seconds elapsed since 1/1/1970. So, the right way to read it was to set the destination register as an Unsigned Double, since the source register was a Unsigned 32-bit Integer. Also, the conversion factor on the ROC end needed to be set to 59.

Hopefully, this helps someone down the line.