Recipe screen for PV 550?

euipfacil

Hello everyone! I have a panel view 550 running in conjunction with a AB servo controller controlling a extruder flying die shear. I have been asked to build a recipe screen to enter data of certain jobs to keep operators from having to manually input setup values. Question is; can I do this within the panel view without having to change the servo program? There is no real PLC just a servo and panel view servo controller is stand alone with flex I/O. I have GML commander but don't know much about servo programming. I want to have multiple recipes which can be initially set and then an increment up/down button to fine adjust conveyor speed and length. What the best solution?
LR

Without a PLC in the mix, you would be required to use GML commander to create your recipes in user variables within the servo controller. You would also have to add logic to the GML diagram to allow the use of those variables.

Adding a PLC might let you avoid doing any GML programming.

I would recommend getting very famiilar with GML either way, and be very careful about keeping backup files of the servo program. There are occasional posts here about poor souls who have not kept up with the latest settings in their servo controllers and have no simple way to retrieve them.

It is almost imperative that you have a current copy of the GML diagram before you begin...then you need to connect and save all of the settings, dynamics and gains settings in the controller.

GML is a really wonderful tool for servo programming, and it isn't really all that difficult to modify programs...but be very sure you understand what you are doing whenever you are planning your changes...

Paul

Ok thanks, I have been trying to learn more about the GML but many things I still don't understand like how it is addressed and what the user variables mean. Do you have any resources for GML programming literature?
Thanks for the continued help.
LR