Recommendations for Thermographic Machine Vision

Looking for what is preferred out there for thermographic machine vision; like Cognex or Keyence, but with thermographic imaging and tools to connect (EthernetIP) to a PLC. I'm looking to measure glass/quartz parts in ovens or combustion heated with hydrogen torches up to about ~1700°C max.

FLIR is (was?) the industry leader on thermal imaging. I haven't used any automated thermal imaging myself, so my experience is limited.

FLIR has the only EtherNet/IP interfaces I've seen. I briefly worked with their A310 (supplanted by the A400/A700 now) and the little AX8.

Temperatures up at 1700C are going to be difficult; that's in the high end of what the high-temperature variants can look at.

FLIR has the only EtherNet/IP interfaces I've seen. I briefly worked with their A310 (supplanted by the A400/A700 now) and the little AX8.

Temperatures up at 1700C are going to be difficult; that's in the high end of what the high-temperature variants can look at.

I've been looking at the Teledyne/FLIR A700f already, which seems to support the temperature range as well. I'm wondering if there is any competition out there for it. Thanks for the feedback!

You could look at the Optris PI series cameras. They don't directly support EtherNet/IP but they do have a breakout board that has IO on it. We did manage to get the Optris IR camera to work with Cognex Vision Pro; which supports EtherNet/IP.

https://www.optris.com/thermal-imager-optris-pi-1m

Thanks for the info! I looked at the link and it says its for metals, so I guess I should mention that the application is for pure quartz parts. I'll contact them though and see if they have any solutions.