Recovering bricked S7-1200 PLC

FYI, I think the PST has mostly been replaced by Proneta.

https://support.industry.siemens.com/cs/ww/en/view/67460624

It adds some really nice capabilities like topology viewing and IO checkout, but it isn't as simplistic as the older single purpose tool.
I don't have any intentions of derailing the thread but have you used proneta mk42?
And you are right primary set up tool was very straight forward.

I don't have any intentions of derailing the thread but have you used proneta mk42?
And you are right primary set up tool was very straight forward.

Yes, I have. I'm a big fan. The downside is that it does a couple different things, but I can safely ignore about 80% of what it does without it affecting me any.

What I like is that in addition to the standard accessible nodes scan, it adds a topology view. That means in addition to seeing all the devices, I can see which ones are connected to each other. Big help when I'm walking up to a system I've never seen before, and trying to sort out what's what. It still does the basics like device name/IP settings, and can show a lot more details like FW versions.

Last time I did it, a 24B card was required for the firmware file transfer.

However, if you're just tyring to reset the device with a "blank" project, I guess that smaller card would work as well.

You are right, i used it for project but i found this FAQ about a confirmed working 12mb card. The card model size was released after the step by step was written so it say 24mb only because the 12mb wasn't availaible.

https://support.industry.siemens.co...update-with-new-card/66570?page=0&pageSize=10

Yes, I have. I'm a big fan. The downside is that it does a couple different things, but I can safely ignore about 80% of what it does without it affecting me any.

What I like is that in addition to the standard accessible nodes scan, it adds a topology view. That means in addition to seeing all the devices, I can see which ones are connected to each other. Big help when I'm walking up to a system I've never seen before, and trying to sort out what's what. It still does the basics like device name/IP settings, and can show a lot more details like FW versions.
Good to know, much appreciated.

Hi,
After having an unexpected electricity shutdown and then restoration of electricity, my PLC went into error mode (blinking Error LED). I can not see the PLC anymore in the TIA Portal. Before the incident the PLC had an IP address, but now I can no longer ping it or open the webserver. I guess some part of firmware is malformed now. It now just turn on and blink.

Assuming that there is no permanent hardware damage happened to the PLC, I was wondering if I can recover the PLC firmware using the SDCard interface?

What kind of SDCard I need?

The PLC which I am using is a 6ES7212-1AE40-0XB0 (1212C DC/DC/DC).

Is there anyway I can recover the PLC?

Appreciate your responses.

If you can not connect to it and sure that your communication setup, cable and port are all good then you will definitely need an SD card and before trying to upgrade the firmware just try resetting it to factory default using the blank SD card. That always worked for me.