Recovering program from C20

SubramanianR

I am new to PLC programming and I am looking for some expert guidance. I have a PLC C20 controlling a deposition unit. Apparently we let the battery run down and the unit just would not operate. It showed an ALARM/ERROR condition. We replaced the battery but not soon enough. The Error persisted. I bought a PRO-15E handheld programming device. Typing CLR - MNTR-CLR displayed 'Memory error'. I followed the procedure outlined on this forum (CLR-MNTR-CLR, followed by down arrow, FUN01). This cleared the Error condition and I can place the PLC in RUN or Program mode.

When I looked through the program in the PLC, it showed 0000 READ???? and going down the list showed the very next memory location is 1930 (I think). This led me to believe there is no program in the memory (am I right?).

However, I connected a tape recorder to the handheld controller and it appears I had transferred the memory content from several addresses. Not sure what is going on? Do I need to code the PLC again? Is the handheld controller only tool I need to enter the ladder logic. Thanks for your time.

I would say you have almost certainly lost the program, so you will have to re-program it, however, this unit is far beyond it's usefulness so I suggest you upgrade it.