Red Lion G3 Kadet G308K

Steve Bailey

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
The boondocks of Western Massachusetts USA
Just took the unit out of the box this evening and started a new project. I was planning to use it to communicate with both a PLC and an Ultra3000 drive. Imagine my disappointment when Crimson 2.0 build 485G informed me that the Ultra3000 protocol is not supported in the Kadet line. Crimson says it's using build 676 of G308K.bin.

Is there a newer build for the Kadet that does support Ultra3000 communications or do I need to get an RMA for the Kadet and trade up to the full-featured G3?

Just took the unit out of the box this evening and started a new project. I was planning to use it to communicate with both a PLC and an Ultra3000 drive. Imagine my disappointment when Crimson 2.0 build 485G informed me that the Ultra3000 protocol is not supported in the Kadet line. Crimson says it's using build 676 of G308K.bin.

Is there a newer build for the Kadet that does support Ultra3000 communications or do I need to get an RMA for the Kadet and trade up to the full-featured G3?

Try downloading the newer build... The Ultra3000 driver show's in mine... how are you trying to communicate with it. It is not however under Ethernet. I'm using build 492F

Use the repair option when you do the update.

-MUR

The Ultra3000 driver shows up in Crimson, but when I try to apply it to either the Comms port or the Aux port in a Kadet project, it tells me it's not supported on the Kadet. When I do the same thing in a full-featured G3 project, there is no such warning. I will try downloading the most recent build just in case...

It's taking some time to get all the drivers compiled and tested on the ARM processor used in the Kadets. I'll get someone to have a look tommorrow and see if it'll just compile across. All we'll need to send you is a DLD file, so it ought to be an easy fix.

EDIT: Just looked at the code myself. Doesn't seem to have any of the alignment or byte order issues that normally result in longer testing, so it ought to be an easy deal.

Last edited: