Red Lion G306A to Insitu Well Troll modbus com issue

ForcedTQ

Just getting into learning the Crimson 3.0 database software and I need some help. I am trying to figure out the reason why the G306A will not communicate with the Well Troll 500 unit over the RS485 modbus connection. I have tried all of the available wiring combinations for 2-wire RS485, flipping TX-A and TX-B, and have not had any luck.

If anyone could take a look at the database file attached and lead me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it. We are using the G306A as a web server and data-log archiving unit essentially so that we can view the Well Troll data remotely, and send that data to an archive folder on our BAS.

You will need to change the file extension to .cd3 to be able to open it in Crimson 3.0

Thanks, Chris

As a general rule set the Ping Holding Register under PLC2 to 0. This very often blocks comms.

Also not sure your register addresses are correct, but I may be mistaken. Check this doc, page 31.
https://in-situ.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Modbus_Communication_Protocol_5.10.pdf

I would have thought your level value would be 400054 and your temp value would be 400046.

I think you would also need to set your registers as "Word as Long" as you are trying to reading float values.

Your Modbus settings seem to be correct for the default settings described in the manual.

The Red Lion device will most likely need the A and B channels swapped. If you are using a standard Ethernet cable into the 485 port you can use either the OR and OR/W or the BN and BN/WH.

BN = B CH of your sensor
BN/W = A Ch of your sensor