Red Lion MODBUS register mapping (for Arduino)

MgsModbus

I had troubles with that library, and wasn't fond of how it was structured.

Not to feed your appetite of frustration, but take a look at this one
https://github.com/andresarmento/modbus-arduino/issues/18
I got that working with an Ethernet chip.
But the offsets are limited to 9999, and I see nothing to support floating point.

In the end, I decided to just scale my values by 100 into/out of the registers (temps 0 - 100C)

My my what problems you must have to unnecessarily be condescending/rude to me twice, after I already answered OP's question no less.

My my, you decided to get upset with my post. You started this with your snarky name calling. I was trying to give the OP correct data. You "already answered" had flaws; that was why I posted.

You obviously didn't read my response regarding the water cut meter I was talking about, as your response completely misses the point.

I read your response and still it is nothing but words. Words that continue to indicate the extra digit was added for a reason which is not true. Provide a link to the flawed manual so we can see what you are describing.

Have you read the MODBUS protocol specification?

"Enjoy" having PeakHMI on the list of companies I tell people never to deal with.

🍑

Can we please not clutter this thread with this back and forth stuff? Maybe keep it in a PM?

I had troubles with that library, and wasn't fond of how it was structured.

Not to feed your appetite of frustration, but take a look at this one
https://github.com/andresarmento/modbus-arduino/issues/18
I got that working with an Ethernet chip.
But the offsets are limited to 9999, and I see nothing to support floating point.

In the end, I decided to just scale my values by 100 into/out of the registers (temps 0 - 100C)

Thanks, I was thinking I'll just do the same. I'm rather pleased I got it working. In fact, the surprising part, for me, is that the response time between the Arduino and the PLC is MUCH quicker using the Red Lion as a gateway, rather than going directly to the modbus-supporting AB controllers (L18ER) using their sample code (http://search.rockwellautomation.co...ie=UTF-8&ud=1&exclude_apps=1&site=sample_code)

While the Red Lion gateway method was almost instant, the direct method was about 500ms lagged.

Can we please not clutter this thread with this back and forth stuff? Maybe keep it in a PM?

Thanks, I was thinking I'll just do the same. I'm rather pleased I got it working. In fact, the surprising part, for me, is that the response time between the Arduino and the PLC is MUCH quicker using the Red Lion as a gateway, rather than going directly to the modbus-supporting AB controllers (L18ER) using their sample code (http://search.rockwellautomation.co...ie=UTF-8&ud=1&exclude_apps=1&site=sample_code)

While the Red Lion gateway method was almost instant, the direct method was about 500ms lagged.

I also am using the CompactLogix with their Modbus code; not pretty or easy.

One problem/gotcha with the "andre" library I linked is that it will not allow an open connection; it closes after each request.
My plan was to fix that but have not gotten around to it yet.