RedLion and Allen Bradley 1756-EWEB communication

wutnots

I was wondering if anyone has used a Allen Bradley Control Logix Processor with the 1756-EWEB communication card instead of a standard Ethernet Card, 1756-EN2T. I can easily communicate reliably using the AB driver for a L5K file talking to the EN2T card, but I constantly get dropped when trying to communicate via the EWEB Module. I'm thinking that maybe there is another port number I need to setup in the communications besides port 44818. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The 1756-EWEB and 1756-ENBT are physically the same, but the I/O scanning capability was removed from the -EWEB and replaced with the socket services and web server feature.

The 1756-EN2T has higher performance hardware.

There is no protocol reason why a 1756-EWEB would function less reliably than a 1756-EN2T. Port 44818 is the only TCP port used by EtherNet/IP.

I would look for a physical media issue or something related to CPU loading.

I deleted all but 3 tags in my app, to eliminate any errors in tags causing my disconnections, but it will still reach about 300 disconnects within a 24hr period. I can modify the app to the EN2T card , with same program, and have no comms issues. Not sure what else it might be. Thanks for your input, its much appreciated.

Well, I did some settings changes in the EWEB module. My Redlion settings were just fine. It turns out that the person who set up the EWEB had checked the "DNS Enable" box in the RSLogix 5000 module configuration settings. Once I disabled this, it began to work just like an EN2T Module. No dropped connections in hours.
Thanks Ken for your reply.