Redlion meter to control a pump motor

irondesk40

Had a vendor that builds pump control stations tell me that you could use a Red Lion cub type meter to control the speed of a chemical injection pump instead of a plc.
Is it possible to control the speed of pump motor that for example runs from 0-1750 rpm and this is equal to a flow of 0-3 gallons per minute and have a mag type flow meter as feed back into the Red Lion meter to maintain the desired setpoint?

1. Operator would select to run 2 gpm
2. Pump drive would turn on and a analog output from the Red Lion meter
would command the Pump to run at the desired RPM to match 2gpm.
3. Flow meter be inline to sense the actual flow of Liquid and be used as a
feedback to the Red Lion meter and a PID loop within the Red Lion meter
work to maintain the actual set point based on the flow meter input.
Have done this many times using a Allen Bradley PLC, but never thought about just using a Red Lion Cub type panel meter.

Has anyone ever done this that might be willing to share and info or the
experience as far as how accurate it would maintain based on the setpoint.

Thanks

That depends what is meant by "cub type". The Cub 5 or other with analog in & out then sure. Call Red Lion and ask for minimum meter needed, they are very responsive.