Redlion_Rs232_Value_updation

Have you actually tried any off the advice jHarbin gave?

here is a file with the serial reads removed form the ON_TICK of your page properties as was recommended.

It also follows the recommendations you were given for the programs that read and parse your data.

personally I would clean up the parsing a little more so it could handle dynamic values but I left it in the file as much like you wrote it to avoid confusion.

NOTE, I did not test on an actual RS232 device but from expereince everything looks like it should work.

Have you actually tried any off the advice jHarbin gave?

here is a file with the serial reads removed form the ON_TICK of your page properties as was recommended.

It also follows the recommendations you were given for the programs that read and parse your data.

personally I would clean up the parsing a little more so it could handle dynamic values but I left it in the file as much like you wrote it to avoid confusion.

NOTE, I did not test on an actual RS232 device but from expereince everything looks like it should work.

ThanX for your reply and very thanX for the file you had given.Seriously , I don't know why it is happening to me. I was sending this format !123.4;678.9;5.6;7.8@!330.2;445.3;4.5;5.6@ continuously.It has to change its value 123.4 to 330.2 and 678.9 to 445.3 and so on continuously but it is executing few times and stopping there and the serial data is not at ll updating . Finally stopping at 330.2 ,445.3 .4.5 and 5.6.I have tested with TeraTerm,I have seen the pulses on the Oscilloscope that my device is sending the data continuously till I stopped. I had a Question . Will the G306 will not update if it see the earlier data

ThanX for your reply and very thanX for the file you had given.Seriously , I don't know why it is happening to me. I was sending this format !123.4;678.9;5.6;7.8@!330.2;445.3;4.5;5.6@ continuously.It has to change its value 123.4 to 330.2 and 678.9 to 445.3 and so on continuously but it is executing few times and stopping there and the serial data is not at ll updating . Finally stopping at 330.2 ,445.3 .4.5 and 5.6.I have tested with TeraTerm,I have seen the pulses on the Oscilloscope that my device is sending the data continuously till I stopped. I had a Question . Will the G306 will not update if it see the earlier data

I have a system that has been receiving serial data (just the way I told you to do it) for over 5 years.

If you have configured your system as I suggested, are you sure your serial device is actually changing the data it is sending?

I have a system that has been receiving serial data (just the way I told you to do it) for over 5 years.

If you have configured your system as I suggested, are you sure your serial device is actually changing the data it is sending?

My device just changing the data only once and executing it in infinite loop and there is no way problem with the device I am sending bcoz I am seeing it on the hyperterminal.I have executed the file given by Str8jCkt, same thing was happened.If I change the values and send the data ,it is changing and updating once though I am sending the updated value continuously.Once again trust me that I am sending the data.

Have you tried removing everything from your database apart from interpreting just the raw sting to check this updates?

Or put your Array value from your program into a tag and put this on your screen to check it is updating?

This will highlight better if it is a problem with your program or the field device and the RLC device communicating.

Hello guys,
My Hmi is not at all updating the values.I have changed my code accordingly.I am trying to send two different values continuously for the same String,but still it was not updating.It is just executing the program once though I kept my program in the while(1) infinite loop.Any one suggest something.

Did you put the raw string on the screen as I suggested? I do, give us a play by play of what it does. Post the results exactly.

I have just noticed you have two programs

1) new()
2) RS485()

both of these programs are running at the same time, one on serial Port 2 one on serial Port 3.

They are both trying to update the same data tags. Why is this?

Yes,It workrd but it was updating only Numeric tags not String Tags where lines having TextToFloat corresponds to Numeric tags rest are String Tags

I think this is because your data tags are formatted as String when the data you are returning is int. You also have the scaling as floating point.

This means you are taking string data in your program using TextToFloat to convert it to floating point. Putting this into a tag scaling float to float but with a format of String.

If you want a string tag, click the arrow next to new and select string. But in this case I don't think you want a sting tag. You simply need a float tag formatted as numeric.

Unless i'm missing something?!

I think this is because your data tags are formatted as String when the data you are returning is int. You also have the scaling as floating point.

This means you are taking string data in your program using TextToFloat to convert it to floating point. Putting this into a tag scaling float to float but with a format of String.

If you want a string tag, click the arrow next to new and select string. But in this case I don't think you want a sting tag. You simply need a float tag formatted as numeric.

Unless i'm missing something?!

Iam already having the string tags power folder those are just staying still

Here I am attached images of both TeraTerm and HMI display

Based on what I see in TeraTerm, you aren't putting the raw string on the G306 Display.

Create a String Tag named ASCII_Hold_Tag. Create an integer tag named CountReads.

Then Modify the code below so that you are sure it is reading the whole string. In other words, increase the length so that it reads it all. Call ReadAscii() with your On Update Event for the appropriate port.

Put both the String Tag and the Integer Tag on a new screen with Page Programming.

Then tell us if CountReads is incrementing and how often it is.
Post the full string of ACSII_Hold_Tag and if it changes at all, post a few versions.

Program named ReadAscii()

cstring strRawData;

strRawData := PortInput(8,0, 13, 1000, 30);

if (Len(strRawData) <= 1) return;

ASCII_Hold_Tag := strRawData;

CountReads := CountReads + 1;
return;

After you do this, please tell me how you are connecting the G306 and TeraTerm at the same time to the device and how are you sure that TeraTerm isn't interfering with the G306 Reads. But do the other things I asked, first.

bjrajendra the images you posted show that the G3 is receiveing the data from TeraTerm.
It is displaying the last RS232 Raw data set that TeraTerm sent out and paarsed them in the display boxes.

What is the problem? Are you not refreshing the values prior to that last set fast enough?
or do you want to view a cumulative read like the shell in TerTerm?

Threw together real quick.
Not sure how well this will work but should give a little more debug on the string being received.
Includes count jHarbin suggested.