redundancy in s7-400 using cpu 412-5H

ddhope

how is redundancy accomplished using the above configuration? If the outputs are taken from both modules,wont they get added up?how does error detection take place?

hello.. I have already checked the system manual and the explanation is not clear enough to me.It has been explained with reference to digital output eg. to an HMI , i want to be clear as to how it works for analog outputs eg. to a valve.

If you read thoroughly you will see that one CPU is master and the other is (hot) standby. The master controls the outputs, dig. and ana., and the standby CPU gets updated process info via the h-link. If the master kneels, the changeover happens within 100ms.

Check tech info and the brochure. More pictures, less reading.

Kalle