Redundancy - L75 PLC

prakasha

Hi everyone,

Recently we have upgraded (5564) L-64 to (5575) L-75 with redundancy PLC and after commissioning, New system is going to off line mode often and if we try to go to online it is going to online mode. when old system was running it was working fine. when we implement new redundancy system it is going off line often.. I am attaching the image for your reference.

Thank you

Redundancy.JPG

Hello. What do you mean by "new redundancy system it is going off line often". Can you please describe in more detail the undesired behaviour an provide error codes, etc?

We were using L64 Stand alone PLC to run the plant. recently we have upgraded to L75 controller with redundancy system. After this upgradation plc is going to off line often in the program but it doesn't affect to the running system. That's what I was trying convey my msg through how our redundancy plc connected. So that some one may get idea whether we have done in a wrong way

For redundancy, it may be many reasons why you are disconnecting from the controller.
Without any details, I would say that controller is busy doing cross-loads and does not have time to service comms any more. There may be many other reasons.
Since this is an upgrade, I would check to see that all firmware revisions for all modules are from the same bundle.
You can post all revs here along with ACD file.

Then you should check the 1756-UM535 chapter 7 that explains the programming practices that must be implemented in Redundancy. These are not optional.

So, you are not having any issue with redundancy losing sync, just losing connection from the RSLogix Studio?

Make sure you are only talking to the primary processor rack's IP address and check RSLinx comm status.

Yes I will get you all the details and one more thing that the images which i had posted regarding PLC connection with switches is right or wrong.

Image above is just a small portion of the network required by the redundancy system to function correctly. While it's correct for two modules listed, it does not show connections for other modules and IO. Please note that IO required DLR or PRP networks that are not shown on your picture.

But where is your computer on this picture?

It's ControlNet IO and some CNBR-ENBT in Bridge chassis.
Is you PC connected to the ENBT, EN2TR or switches?
What ControlNet modules in the controller chassis? CN2R or CNBR?

I hate to repeat questions, but you are not providing important details.
Without any details, I would say that controller is busy doing cross-loads and does not have time to service comms any more. There may be many other reasons. You may need to optimize you redundancy application structure and comms to get more bandwidth. Since this is an upgrade, I would check to see that all firmware revisions for all modules are from the same bundle.
You can post all revs here along with ACD file.