Remote programming GSM

bytehane

I need somekind of remote connection for e.g. Simatic S//300. This is for temporary maintenance connection

I found specs e.g. of Maestro UR5 GSM modem.
There is Ethernet and RS-232 and also USB.

Has anyone used this? or some other corresponding device.
Is that USB- connection transparent.

I want connect my laptop to remote PLC. I want edit Simatic- program (i have USB-MPI- converter and maybe i have to place that in connection to that remote PLC, with somekind of GSM-Modem.
Also there is OP-277 Panel, which I can program with Ethernet..

I'm living in Finland, so maybe tehe is some differensies witg GSM- standards..

Any recommendations for this?

Similar Topics

Does anyone have any experience of using an ***** Flexy for remote programming/maintenance of a Codesys based controller? Rather than using the...
Replies
Views
It is just me, or have other noticed that theyre more comfortable programming devices that they can see, as opposed to devices they can't see? The...
Replies
Views
I love the fact that the Click from Automation Direct is a simple low cost PLC with great Windows software. However, the embedded solution we...
Replies
Views
Haven't had to do this before. Can anyone tell me the procedure to setup remote programming of a micrologix 1400 with RSlogix500 micro. PLC unit...
Replies
Views
Hi I am looking into remote access for modifications/ customer support. I will not be able to VPN so am considering 3G connection with a remote...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom