Repair Options for PanelView Plus 1500

Rob S.

I sent a PanelView Plus 1500 to Electrical South. I have not used them that much , but as much as I have , they seemed like they have repaired everything that we sent. The PV+ 1500 that I sent , they say they cannot repair it because of some major screen problems.

My question is , what type of repair service does Allen Bradley have ? ( That maybe should of been my first choice )
What other repair options would you recommend ?

I am going to start to develop some screens with a lower cost brand like C-More ( Automation Direct), etc.

Thanks in advance,

Rob,

I would ask them for exact details as to why.
what they say doesn't make since.

i would do research on what the replacement cost would be and the cost of rebuilding the application (if applicable)and installation modification costs versus buying a nev AB unit. if its cheaper and they still persist on being unable to repair the unit, play the trump card of replacing the unit with your subsitiute and see what happens.

just my opinion.

regards,
james

Consider Red Lion G3 in your quest for a more reliable and less expensive alternative to the Panelview+

They are faster (much much faster, booting in about 7 seconds), more responsive, much more versatile, software is free, and they seem to be more robust in my (limited) experience.

Panelview repair

I have used this company abplcpanelview.com or abpanelviewplc.com for PanelView repair with excellent results.
They repair all AB PanelViews with a 1-day repair service for reasonable prices & 1 year warranty.
The repair work is exceptional.
Give them a try.

http://ind-concepts.com is also a good place for repairs. For panelviews they can repair just about any problem the unit should have. The reason why ESOUTH probably couldn't repair the unit is because the touchscreen was bad. The parts cost for just the touchscreen is around $2000. You can also by used on ebay for pretty good prices.