Reset group of tag before assign value to one of them

Sara_AW

Good Morning, I'm not sure if this is a stupid question, but I've been working with FTView ME for quite some time now and I can't solve this problem.🔨

I have a large group of tags that need to be reset every time I want to assign a value to one of them. The value must be assigned with a button (it will be always the same, tag1 =1, tag2=2, ecc..). Therefore, the easiest solution would be having a different Macro for each tag and so for each button, but it is quite awful I think.

Thanks to anyone that can provide any ideas!:rolleyes:

Can you be more specific?

Yes e.g. what type of tag (BOOL, INT, etc.)? If these are bools, shouldn't there be a radio button (one at a time out of many is set) built-in?

Also, couldn't each button's macro

1. call a global macro that resets all of the tags every time,
  2. then set the one tag tied to that button?

yes, I'll try. I have a page with 10 buttons that enable 10 motors, for enabling the button should set the tag referring to that motor to 1. The problem is that only one motor at time can be enabled, therefore I should reset all the 10 tags before setting a new one.

The tags are boolean, but I'm completed unfamiliar with the radio button.
Also, the point was not having one macro for each button because actually there will be 30 motors with 6 properties to be "enabled" (and therefore to be reset) for each one. Obviously, if I can't find any other solution, this will work.

I'm not sure if I made myself understood, sorry if I didn't, I'm not used to write on forums.

Yes e.g. what type of tag (BOOL, INT, etc.)? If these are bools, shouldn't there be a radio button (one at a time out of many is set) built-in?

Also, couldn't each button's macro

1. call a global macro that resets all of the tags every time,
  2. then set the one tag tied to that button?

Do you think the interlock buttons could work? I just read about them while looking for radio buttons

Do you think the interlock buttons could work? I just read about them while looking for radio buttons
Interlocked pushbuttons will allow you to adjust a single, shared integer tag to different values based on which button is pushed (eg one button sets it to 1, one sets it to 2, one sets it to 3...).

You then check the value in the program to determine which selection was most recently made.