RESOLVED -- ASCII to ST - COP ?

jonny_blade

I need to copy the contents of an ascii file A100:0 -> A100:9 to my string file ST101:0. When I use the COP file all i get in my ST101:0 file is the value in A100:0? I am using an old SLC 5/03. However, we use the same command with our main 5/05 processors and the entire block gets transferd from the ascii file to the string file. Not sure what I am doing wrong, but I need to transfer the entire contents of A100:0 -> A100:9 as one block into my string file to port out via RS232. Any help would be great as my searchs have not produced an answer...

Last edited:
Not the file size, but the element length. For example, if the destination string element is ST30:10, then, before the COPy, MOV 10 ST30:10.LEN

I never work with ASCII file types, but have done lots with ST file types, so it's just a WAG...

Tried it without success... Not sure what the deal is as my commands are identical to the ones working on the 5/05 processors?

The knowledgebase #17923 (TechConnect needed) shows the copy. A key is that the first entry in the ASCII file must be the length of the string which follows it in the ASCII file. The length of the COP command becomes 1.

The following compiles ok for a SLC 5/03

COP #A100:0 #ST101:0 1