Restore Factorytalk App with Password

Hi guys,

Have a program that a person no longer works here made but cannot restore the mer file because it is password protected anyone no of a way around this? Thanks in advance

Unfortunately, there really is no way around that. Try hitting enter with the password blank. Sometimes people forget to uncheck the password protect box but they don't enter a password when they create it. You might get lucky in that regard.

If they ACTUALLY set a password, you're SOL unless you can get the password from them.

yea there is a password and I have tried everything else with no luck in desperation mode hoping that someone on here might have had this problem

Is it asking for a password before you can restore it? Or is it restoring and THEN asking you for a password when you try to open the program.

Yeah there's not really any options there I'm afraid. At least none that I know of. I have a support contract through Rockwell and they pretty much told me I was screwed too.