Retain/Hold Last Value - Stardom FCN

izadewa

Dear members,

How to configure PLC Stardom FCN to hold the last parameters value ?

During power outage the parameters value such as PID always resetted to default value. we forced to type the parameters value one by one after that

Note : Stardom PLC is connected to Proface touchpanel HMI GP4000 series

Thanks
Bagas

I don't know Yokogawa PLCs, but generally, when you define your variables, you need to mark the ones you need to keep as 'Retain' (sometimes called 'Remnant', 'Retentive', or 'Permanent'). Some PLCs have both Retain and Permanent, where Retain will stay during a power cycle, but will reset during a 'Cold' restart; Permanent will never reset unless you give a special command from the programming software.

If you are defining your variables in the Structured Text format, you would do:

VAR RETAIN
ThisVariableStays : UINT; (*Variable keeps value during warm restart*)
END_VAR

If you define them in a table, there should be a check box for Retain, Retentive, or Remnant (a word like one of those anyway).