Retrieve Datalog Data

athdru

Thanks for all the previous help...but here's a quick Q.

I set up dataloging from FTView SE to dump Data into a MS SQLServer databse (ODBC)

Is it possible to pull out that data and trend it (i.e. to pull up info from a fault and check motor speeds/references, temps and such?)

Thanks.

If the data is successfully being sent to SQL server (use SQL Server Mangager, or Management Studio Express to monitor the actual tables for data), then any historical trend display will pull historical data from the server if asked to scroll back.

Make sure in chart properties, you are pulling only points from configured models, and that you have the data source selected as "Poll Historical Data"

Ok.

So the graph/trend would have all information that is saved in the DB? and maintenance would have to scroll back to the time of the fault? Like there is no way to call up data within a certain Time frame?

And by "configured models" do you mean what was selected in the Data Log Models "tags in models"?

Yes, that is what I mean.
And they don't actually have to scroll back, just open the trend property page ... well, PAUSE the trend with the little || button first, then open up the property page. Go to X-Axis, and click the "Start Date" and/or "time" to set the start of the trend to where you want.

Hint, if you don't hit the PAUSE button first, you can't change those fields for some reason.

Another hint, if you are using a touch screen, and right clicking is a pain, put a 'Show Property Pages' button on the display, expose it to VBA, and (using the trends name) create some VBA like this:

Private Sub btnPropertyPages_Released()

Trend.DisplayPropertyPages

End Sub

-----------------
HINT Again. Notice that is on BUTTON RELEASE... ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS do "Display" type things on button RELEASE, NEVER NEVER on Button PRESS. Reasoning is - This makes sure an operators finger is OFF of the screen before it changes, which might accidentily activate an unwanted function on the new screen.