RIO Address question

rcflyer91

Hello,

I have a question regarding RIO addressing. I have a SLC 505 processor with an RIO scanner in slot 24 that is communicating with a 10 slot rack. I need to install an analog output card and am having difficulty understanding the addressing.
The rack is currently utilized as follows:

Slot 0 RIO scanner
Slot 1-4 Digital Input cards
Slot 5 - Unused
Slot 6-7 Digital Output cards
Slot 8 - Unused
Slot 9 - 4 Channel Analog Input card

I am planning on installing the 4 channel analog output in slot 8.
The address for the 4 words from the analog input in slot 9 is M1:24:110.

Can anyone shed some light on the addressing and assist me with understanding what the address of the analog output card should be?

It is currently using a copy file to move the 4 words at M1:24:110 to a N file for use in the program.

Also, can I write an N value with 4 words to the M file address of the analog card to set the outputs?

Thanks, James

it sounds like you have an existing system which is already working - and that you just want to add another module to the system ... if that's the case, then BY FAR the easiest way to get detailed answers to your questions would be to post the existing RSS file ...

you'll also need to tell us exactly which model of analog card (example: 1746-NI4) that you're trying to add ... one size does not fit all ...

Thanks for the quick response Ron I appreciate it.

Yes it is an existing system that is working. This system controls our batching operation and I am unable to share the program.

I would like to install a 1746-NO4I output module.

I'm trying to understand the addressing for the M file to write to this module.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks again,
James