RMC100 analogs & decel distance

You should try ramping the pressure instead of making step changes. In the first plot you can see that when you reduce the pressure set point in one step at, 7.8125 s, it reduces the control output by a step too. You must be able to hear or even feel this.

Here in plot ram100 I put in a 1 second ramp for the pressure and helped it a lot. I still see some dip from it but not too bad. I think I'll stop for now until I get some material to press on.

As always you have given me a better understanding. Thanks for the help.

Better but

I would wait to decrease the pressure and now that the press limit is lower whey the press makes constact the pressure is overshooting.

Why have the pressure set to 2000 in the first place?
You should now consider slowing the press down just before you make contact. That will reduce the kinetic energy that causes the pressure spikes. Reducing the speed by half reduces the energy and resulting pressure spike by a factor of 4. Even a small slowdown can help a lot.

You must be closing on something very hard because the pressure is increasing very rapidly. More derivative gain on the p/F PID will help reduce the overshoot.

You must be closing on something very hard because the pressure is increasing very rapidly. More derivative gain on the p/F PID will help reduce the overshoot.

Im just pressing on steel plates so its very hard. Im going to look for something else better tomorrow but the customer will have material to me on Tuesday. I don't want to put a lot of work into something and then redo all of it on Tuesday.

Why have the pressure set to 2000 in the first place?

If something happens on the fast move down I want to limit the amount of pressure. For example, the operator forgets his wrench in the machine. Unfortunately I have had this type of problem.