Rockwell Automation Software Conflicts

Tomo453

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello, is anyone running FactoryTalk View ME v11 on the same computer running Studio 5000 v30 and below. When I installed the FTV software the RSLINX Classic was replaced with FactoryTalk Linx. I was unable to connect to any controller with my Studio 5000 projects after this. I had to uninstall the FTV and then could not Reinstall the RSLinx Classic from any other Studio 5000 "dvd" media with the installer sighting that the install for the RSLINX Classic had to be done through the setup.exe file in the root directory. This proved to be unsuccessful on several attempts. My question is can FTVME be installed and run when a Studio 5000 install already exists. My OS is Windows 7 Professional. I ended up downloading and installing RSLinx Classic Lite to connect to my controllers.

Do you mean FactoryTalk View Studio? Or the actual ME HMI software? If you mean the development software (Studio), I have v11 installed along with Studio 5000 v30 (and many other versions)with no issues. 64-bit Win 10 Pro.

Both FactoryTalk Linx and RSLinx Classic are installed as well.

When installing from the Studio 5000 installation media, you do indeed have to run the main setup file in the root.

I had a clash trying to install FTV studio v10 on a windows 7, with studio 5000 V30 - V33 and RSLogix 500, I never got that to work.

But a few days later I got hold of FTV studio v12, this version installed with only a warning about windows 7, I ignored that and it's running fine :)

Do you mean FactoryTalk View Studio? Or the actual ME HMI software? If you mean the development software (Studio), I have v11 installed along with Studio 5000 v30 (and many other versions)with no issues. 64-bit Win 10 Pro.

Both FactoryTalk Linx and RSLinx Classic are installed as well.

When installing from the Studio 5000 installation media, you do indeed have to run the main setup file in the root.[/QUOTE

Well color me embarrassed. I see now that my distributor sent me the download link for the Runtime (RT) software not the developmental (Studio) software. I would not have double checked if not for your reply. Thanks.