Rockwell Product Safety Alert

I have noticed this problem, but was unaware of the recall notice. I hadn't determined if it was a software issue, or PC issue. The problem I have had comes when saving the program. It seems to be linked to being online with the processor, then going offline and back on again. Everytime I have been online and had a break in the comms, after going online again, I could not save the program without it being corrupt. However, my experience has been that if I open the last known good program, and connect to the PLC again while uploading the changes, the file will save fine. Thanks for the heads up about this.

Russ

DUDE...YOU'RE A LITERARY GENIUS :0)

"To cover up a problem until a solution is found..." : Iiby (from Ignorance Is Bliss)

"to create problems in order to generate future business providing support and solutions" : Redmondate (from a certain well known software company)

"to promote the incompetent to positions where they can't do any product damage" : This one is tough. I thought of the Peter Principle first. How about Corporify (similar to "Promoted to corporate headquarters.")

Thomas

Russ, I have a similar quirk, but I think my versions are different. I will be online with two nearly identical machines with two instances of RSLogix (making a change to 4 or 5 machines w/cut and paste). I make my changes then save (CTRL+S) and check yes to upload everything, I must then CLOSE the file before jumping to another machine on RSWho. If I shortcut it and just go "who active, go online", RSLogix crashes. It seems to be a timing issue, maybe. While Logix is closing the open file, RSWho is replacing it? I don't know, but I have just gotten used to it. I always close all open ONLINE files before going ONLINE.

"Fematize" covers all three meanings. The root is FEMA, that well-known US Government agency that spends all its time looking good and covering up problems, but in the end doing no good for anyone.