Rockwell Servo Travel Modes

Dustin11H3

Can anyone explain the different Rockwell servo travel modes to me? I see three options under the setup: unlimited, limited, and cyclic.

I understand that unlimited is unlimited travel and the servo will continue to run it's position as far as you'll let it.
I also understand cyclic meaning you can setup the axis to rollover back to zero at a set position (say 360 degrees).

Where I'm confused is the limited mode. I don't understand what it's for nor have I figured it out through experimentation. I reach out to RA support (they didn't know and are getting back to me), Google, and RA Knowledgebase to no avail. Any insight would be appreciated.

From 'Integrated Motion On The Ethernet/IP Network" reference manual, page 499

Unlimited travel is for axes that run continuously without limit but are not cyclic.

Cyclic travel is for axes whose position repeats as part of a
product cycle.

Limited travel is for axes that have imposed limits to their travel, usually due to
mechanical limitations