RS Linx crashes when opening interface in FTView?

cardosocea

Hello,

I'm trying to add a new PLC shortcut to an existing FTView SE installation (version 8). Everything is running well at the moment.

I navigate to RSLinx Enterprise, double click and it opens. The initial list has a bunch of network devices on it though not the new PLC and it isn't browsing. If I close the Ethernet tree and it starts browsing, the application can't see any PLC at all and crashes.

I then have to close that window, go to my data server and restart the RSLinx enterprise service for everything to get back to normal again.

Any ideas what may be causing this?

I once had an issue with an older version of Linx Enterprise where the configured firmware version did not match (was lower than) a device on the network. This was within FT Gateway environment, not FTView SE, and it did not fully crash. Anyway, it may be something to check.

I once had an issue with an older version of Linx Enterprise where the configured firmware version did not match (was lower than) a device on the network. This was within FT Gateway environment, not FTView SE, and it did not fully crash. Anyway, it may be something to check.

Hmmm, this is a very likely candidate I think. I have a small window coming up and will give this a go then.