RS Logix 5000 V16 works with windows 2000?

hasan_ali

Dear all,
I have RS Logix 5000 V16 and operating system is windows 2000. When I try to install it it do not complete the installation and stuck in the setup and I have to abbort it. Initially I was thinking that there would be any file corrupted in the setup CD but than I tried to install software taken from different CD sources but same behaviour. How can I use it on Windows 2000?
Regards.
Hasan

Two question comes to mind,

What version of Linx do you have.

If you already have RSLinx on your computer did you go to RSLinx Launch Control Panel and Stop RSLinx before doing the install.

Yes The RS Linx was stopped but the same problem again faced. The log saved is attached which it gives after aborting installation.

Well, I've just done a new install of v16.03 (CPR 9) and everything on the CD, over lunch, on a new laptop WHERE W2K/SP4 was just installed and all went well.

1. Try giving it more time to install.
2. ALT-TAB and see if some hidden dialog box is asking for something.
3. Check if W2K regional settings match the language you've selected.

I don't see any failures in the Setup log. How long did you wait ?

RA Tech Support can probably make better use of this Setup log than this general-interest Forum.

Well,
I have Service pack 4. I have given 30 minutes but in vain. Is there any security in windows which is enabled and not allowing ti install me RS Logix 5000?

Hasan_Ali, check out this one:

When review the RSLogix 5000 installation log files, the user may notice the installation stopped at the following step: (RSLogix 5000 v16 English.log)

1: Registering C:\Program Files\Rockwell Software\RSLogix 5000\ENU\v16\Bin\OCamEditor.ocx

When comparing this to a successful installation log, the next step should have been:

1: Registering C:\Program Files\Rockwell Software\RSLogix 5000\ENU\v16\Bin\RS5000.exe

It was found that the RSLogix 5000 v16 installation hangs when registering RS5000.exe (on Windows 2000 PC) when Microsoft .NET Security Code Groups are configured as Hash or heavily restricted.

How to reset the machine Group Policy setting?
1. Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Configuration
2. Click on 'Runtime Security Policy' folder. Notice there are three configurable policy levels (enterprise, machine, and user) that the security system uses to determine what permissions an assembly receives.
3. Backup the current Machine Security Policy.

Right click on the 'Runtime Security Policy' and select 'Create Deployment Package'.
Select 'machine' as the security level policy to deploy.
Type "c:\secpol_machine.msi" into the Windows Installer Package textbox.
Click Next then click Finish.

4. Expand the 'Runtime Security Policy' folder.
5. Right-click on the 'Machine' and select 'Reset...'
6. Click Yes at the confirmation prompt.
RSLogix 5000 software should install and run properly now. If not, you may need to repeat these steps on the 'User' node.

Dear this worked good and installation completed successfully.
Thanks to all of you specially Freddie for good useful suggestions.