RS Logix5K to Controllogix- Can't connect

PLCRookie said:
Well, its not over yet. Seems the controller firmware is V15, and my software is V16. I cannot go online unless I upgrade the controller firmware (not now!)or "install support for the controller version". Can 5K V16 be started as V15? What other options are there without risking a shutdown? I only need to go online to monitor some values. The process is running at full speed, so I don't want to risk any problems today.

The integrator must have loaed the controller with V15, as 16 was not out just yet when we got this machine.

Thanks again to all!
Your RSL5K v16 CD contains the older versions (V15 and such).
Install V15 and you should be good to go without touching the firmware.

When you installed RSLogix 5000 you should have had the option to install all versions or just version 16. If you insert your CD and install all versions you will be able to open a version 15 program and go online.

Thanks to all who responded!

Thanks to all who responded! I was able to get V15 loaded, get online, monitor the program and correct the problem.
Once again thanks! :site:🍻

When you loaded RSLogix 5000 Ver16 from the CD there was an option to load Ver15 and Ver13 at the same time it appears you only went with the Ver16 choice, so just run the CD again, and this time select all 3, it will see Ver16 and then load the others 2 .