RS232 Mitsubishi to a Printer

Coopiniho

C
I am extremley confused on this, I hope you guys can help.

I have a mitsubishi Q01 PLC with a RS232 module card attached to a Hermes 4L CAB printer.

I can send a text file via Hyperterminal to the printer and it will print a label correctly (ASCII). I can get the PLC to send the exact data to the printer, again in ascii but the printer does nothing.
I have attached the plc to hyperterminal and everything seems ok, I just can't make out what is wrong.

Example of code sent:
M l LBL;YARIS
A1

Thats it, do I have to include any LF or CR at the end of the lines?
The example above works fine in hyperterminal but not from the PLC.

HELP!

well i bet the strings are not exactly the same - and i've
seen it myself. the problem was that hyperterminal "fixes"
strings and if all you have to compare them (like receive
them with hyperterminal) that's probably what gives you grief.
try some dumb terminal that doesn't do repair (like replace
<CR> with <CR><LF>). it's those control characters that are
not displayed that screw things up and hyperterminals adds
them without telling you.

Did somebody resolve this problem?

I have same problem with Simatic S7300 and Hermes CAB printer.

There is no problem from hyperterminal to Hermes.

But when I set the same ASCII data from plc, there is no activity on Hermes.

PLS help me.

check the termination characters and please try to find better terminal package. any decent one will have hex mode so you can be sure what is going on. if you have programming package such as VB it is very simple to write your own...

been a while since I done this but from memory you have to include <CR><LF> etc

I remember when we had once a project with FX2N connected serially to GSM modem to send SMS. The prblem was also that Hyperterminal fixes too much bugs (as I remember also parity etc).
Then current version of Medoc Plus we used had ASCII instructions in ladder and IL, but ladder version did not work at all! I was so happy that I did not have to work with that project and we used one "academic looking/working" guy.

But I can say that Mitsubishi used to have a special instruction that uses ordinary transistor outputs to send data to printer. I tested it with relay outputs and it looked quite funny.

Well, I think this reply was not very helpful, but anyway