RSL5 I/O export tool

ceilingwalker

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello. I am trying to export my addresses in RSL5 so that I can import them into an RSL5000 v20.04 project. I can't seem to get a CSV file out of the RSL5. Thank you.

Would this accomplish what you are trying to do: Use the RSL5-to-5000 conversion tool to create a scratch 5000 project , then export converted addresses to CSV, and finally import back into the target 5000 project?

Would this accomplish what you are trying to do: Use the RSL5-to-5000 conversion tool to create a scratch 5000 project , then export converted addresses to CSV, and finally import back into the target 5000 project?

Yes, because I (as well as AB Tech Support) can't get my project to convert so I am trying to convert only the tag database.

Oh...Well, if not already suggested by Tech Support:

Maybe try deleting most or all of the ladder files before converting (if all you want is tag creation)?

Check the databases and delete unwanted records before converting?

It does not appear that multi-record cut-and-paste from the database to an external application is supported. I could not find a way.

Oh...Well, if not already suggested by Tech Support:

Maybe try deleting most or all of the ladder files before converting (if all you want is tag creation)?

Check the databases and delete unwanted records before converting?

It does not appear that multi-record cut-and-paste from the database to an external application is supported. I could not find a way.

Good idea! Thank you.