RSLinx ethernet communication

MarkiusSchu

Hello all,

I'm trying to talk to a PanelView Plus 1000 on an ethernet network. The PanelView, along with a CompactLogix L35E and some other components, are plugged into an ethernet hub. My laptop doesn't have an ethernet jack, so I plugged a wirless router into the hub and connected to that netwrok with the laptop.
When I go into RSLinx and autodiscover on the ethernet IP driver, nothing is discovered. I'm a beginner at both networking and Allen-Bradley; Can anyone help to tell me why I can't see anything?

Thanks in advance,
Mark

I was able to go online through the CompactLogix serial port and see the configuration. Hope this helps anybody in the future with a similar issue.
Cheers!

Similar Topics

The way our plant is layed out, I'm limited on how I can connect to different machines. Right now I am pulling data from RSLinx OEM to an Excel...
Replies
Views
Welcome to Automation World, Dear viewers and experts, I am facing a problem in RSVIEW MACHINE EDITION. I am running one rsview machine...
Replies
Views
I recently bought a SLC 5/05 CPU and am trying to communicate with the Ethernet port for configuring it. I can communicate using the DF-1 port...
Replies
Views
Anyone have experience using serial to Ethernet converters to connect to SLC and Micrologix devices? I am looking to build a remote access box...
Replies
Views
How does RSLinx Classic EtherNet/IP Driver "Windows Default" adapter relate to the all of the available Windows adapters? Is there a way to...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom